About Me

My photo
I am a cloth diapering, breastfeeding, cosleeping, baby led weaning, extended rear facing, eco conscious, married mommy to two beautiful children. They have changed my view on the world we live in. It is now my number 1 goal to make it the best I can for them to grow up in. I find myself always rethinking how I want to live my life and often feel like sharing my findings and thoughts with others. So I guess here's my chance :o) I will talk about topics that interest me. If you dont like them or dont agree, well... there's nothing much I can do!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Cancer sucks

It really does. You always hear about it. There's the Terry Fox run at school growing up, the whole Livestrong and pink ribbon campaigns, stats showing Nova Scotians having ridiculous high numbers compared to the rest of the country... It never really affects you until it hits close to home and then you find out that it runs rampant in our families. By-product of our "modern" lives? There always seems to be a new product recalled for whatever cancer-causing reason. Number 1 reason why I try to live my life the simple way. I may not be able to control much, but what I can, I try to.

Mom had health issues for a bit and then months before my wedding, we finally found out she had the crappy cancer. She pushed her surgery until right after the wedding. 2 years later, it's back again somewhere else. They want to have surgery again but this time around, I was pregnant and ready to pop so she pushed surgery until after Miss A was born. Then the second part of her surgery was before Christmas. Now they say that it is back where it originally was as well as a new spot (spot # 5!). It seems to be never ending.

I normally try not to think of it too much. I don't let the bad things get to me and try to live life in a positive way. The passing of Jack Layton today kinda brings all the bad thoughts back. Ah well. I made sure to give Miss A extra big kisses tonight.

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." -Jack Layton

No comments:

Post a Comment