About Me

My photo
I am a cloth diapering, breastfeeding, cosleeping, baby led weaning, extended rear facing, eco conscious, married mommy to two beautiful children. They have changed my view on the world we live in. It is now my number 1 goal to make it the best I can for them to grow up in. I find myself always rethinking how I want to live my life and often feel like sharing my findings and thoughts with others. So I guess here's my chance :o) I will talk about topics that interest me. If you dont like them or dont agree, well... there's nothing much I can do!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

To buy or not to buy...

I found out some sad news this past weekend.... my favorite diaper store is closing at the end of the  month :(  It's not like I need anymore for Miss A (60+ should be enough) but I'm thinking for future babies. Although I knew I wanted to do cloth while I was pregnant with Miss A, we only started when she was around 3 months old. The diapers that I have now will definitely fit future babies but not during those first several weeks. I was ok, at first, with disposables until our cloth fit but have now come to despise them sooo much.

Here's why I want nothing to do with them.
1-Having to go out and buy them all the time. I enjoy having all I need right here at home already.
2-Literally throwing moula in the garbage. The one time use aspect doesn't jive too well with my Eco conscious self.
3-I wouldn't want to sit in chemicals all day so why should they?
4-The little picture on the front really doesn't help them in the look department. The colours and prints on modern cloth diapers are so darn cute that I rarely feel the need to cover them with clothing.
5-The garbage! I take pride knowing that we put out more in the lines of recyclables than garbage. When we used disposables, it was the other way around :(

So the next time around, I will be using cloth right from day 1. Nothing too complicated, just prefolds in a cover so no pins. So do I wait until future baby actually arrives or do I go out now and buy what I will need at a fraction of the cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment