About Me

My photo
I am a cloth diapering, breastfeeding, cosleeping, baby led weaning, extended rear facing, eco conscious, married mommy to two beautiful children. They have changed my view on the world we live in. It is now my number 1 goal to make it the best I can for them to grow up in. I find myself always rethinking how I want to live my life and often feel like sharing my findings and thoughts with others. So I guess here's my chance :o) I will talk about topics that interest me. If you dont like them or dont agree, well... there's nothing much I can do!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Official end of the first trimester.

First trimester is officially done and oh my, was it full of drama!

Weight gain : Still a bit under but at least I haven't lost more over the last couple weeks.

How clothes is fitting - While I am still on vacation, I will continue to wear my tank tops since they are long and stretchy. My belly had suddenly popped so I do need to put away some of my shorter shirts. I purged the majority of my maternity clothes since I am much smaller than I was the last time I was pregnant. I still have all my cute tops though so I will be wearing those once school starts up again in a couple weeks.

Telling friends - We have officially made it public on Facebook. At 12w+1, we had our dr appt. We wanted to record the heartbeat. It took a good 5 minutes for the dr just to find it! Those were a horrible 5 minutes. Thankfully, we found it and were able to get it on video. So we posted it :) And then today, at 14w, I posted baby bump pictures. With pictures up, more and more people will be finding out.

Pregnancy project - My baby blanket has been started. Since we won't be finding out the baby's sex, I decided on 3 colours that will look great regardless of whether it's a boy or a girl. Green, yellow and purple. It is still in the early stages but it looks great already!

Road to vbac - Having a vbac (vaginal birth after cesarean) is very important to me. There are lots of obstacles that I will have to surmount. Having a healthy baby is important but so is me being healthy. And if I dont have to have major surgery, I would rather not. My dr is NOT totally on board with a natural intervention free birth so I am searching for one that is. I am still on a waiting list for a midwife. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment