About Me

My photo
I am a cloth diapering, breastfeeding, cosleeping, baby led weaning, extended rear facing, eco conscious, married mommy to two beautiful children. They have changed my view on the world we live in. It is now my number 1 goal to make it the best I can for them to grow up in. I find myself always rethinking how I want to live my life and often feel like sharing my findings and thoughts with others. So I guess here's my chance :o) I will talk about topics that interest me. If you dont like them or dont agree, well... there's nothing much I can do!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

18 week update!

Almost halfway done this pregnancy! It has gone by so fast. These past 2 months have been great since I was on summer break from work. Abigail still went to daycare everyday. She loves the routine so why keep her home? Work officially starts back up in a matter of days. I'm sure the weeks will go by even faster. Here are some small updates.

  1. I still have not put on any weight. I have not been sick and I am eating better than I was a couple months ago. Maybe I should see a nutritionist to ensure that my diet is alright. The doctor was not too worried about it. Maybe she didn't even notice. Now that work has started, I will just make sure to eat and snack regularly during the day to increase my calorie consumption.
  2. I now feel baby move all the time. It started out with fluttering a couple weeks ago and now, I am pretty sure I feel big ol' kicks! My favorite memories from the last pregnancy is stopping in the middle of teaching just because Abigail decided it was the best time for a dance party. The students even enjoyed seeing her move around. Looking forwards to that again with the same students, just 3 years later!
  3. I have lots of appointments coming up during the month of September. We meet our new doula (yay!) and go over specifics, our 20 week ultrasound, and I also meet an OB who is supposedly very pro-vbac. What a way to start the school year! 
  4. Small projects have already been started and they are still ongoing. Crochet baby blanket is looking fabulous and my monthly meal planning helps alot since I will hopefully be swimming most evenings.
  5. I am no longer worrying about my vbac. If I have to completely ignore what some people around have to say, I will. I truly believe that Cesarean sections are a life saving procedure that some  moms and babies definitely need. If the baby and I are still healthy and are not in distress, then there will be no need for medical interventions. Plain and simple.
I'm looking forwards to establishing a great routine over the next couple weeks. Work on some of my nesting projects, go swimming several times a week and eventually convince Abigail to fall asleep in her room by herself!


1 comment:

  1. You look great! If you're eating whenever you hungry and making sure to eat only real foods (meat, eggs, veggies, fruit, nuts, etc.), I'm sure you don't have to worry about slow weight gain. And make sure to get good fats like avocado, nuts, and olives! Mmm...I'm making myself hungry now.

    ReplyDelete