About Me

My photo
I am a cloth diapering, breastfeeding, cosleeping, baby led weaning, extended rear facing, eco conscious, married mommy to two beautiful children. They have changed my view on the world we live in. It is now my number 1 goal to make it the best I can for them to grow up in. I find myself always rethinking how I want to live my life and often feel like sharing my findings and thoughts with others. So I guess here's my chance :o) I will talk about topics that interest me. If you dont like them or dont agree, well... there's nothing much I can do!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Getting ready for the hospital!

  Here we are, 36 weeks and 1 day and I feel great. Went to the chiropractor this morning and everything is still nice and lined up properly. I actually haven't had any hip pain since last week so we think that baby is good and low in there just hanging out a bit longer before coming out. We had our first Vbac support group meeting this past weekend. Met another mom who is due at the same time as me. Hopefully we both have new guests with us for next month's meeting!

My task for today is to pack my hospital bags. I honestly can't even remember what we had prepared for Abigail's birth. Big difference is time around is that we plan on using cloth diapers from day 1. Here it goes!

   Baby's bag     Mom's bag  
     
     
  • Diapers
  • Covers
  • Wipes
  • Coconut oil
  • Liners
  • Sleepers
  • Hats
  • Socks
  • Receiving blankets
  • My favorite nursing blanket
  • Pjs
  • Nursing tops
  • Nursing bras
  • Comfy clothes
  • Breast pads
  • Socks
  • Hair elastics
  • Lip stuff
  • Slippers
  • Book
  • Toiletries
  • Prefold pads

We still need to pack some easy snacks, some clothes for Keegan and a large zippered wet bag for diapers. We also have to write up the list of last minute items to grab like phone charger and such. Car seat is ready, not in the car yet, but it is ready with the infant inserts. Now for Keegan to dig out the suitcase bags from under the steps and our bags will be all packed!

What could you not live without in the hospital after giving birth?

No comments:

Post a Comment