About Me

My photo
I am a cloth diapering, breastfeeding, cosleeping, baby led weaning, extended rear facing, eco conscious, married mommy to two beautiful children. They have changed my view on the world we live in. It is now my number 1 goal to make it the best I can for them to grow up in. I find myself always rethinking how I want to live my life and often feel like sharing my findings and thoughts with others. So I guess here's my chance :o) I will talk about topics that interest me. If you dont like them or dont agree, well... there's nothing much I can do!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Officially full term!

So today, I have officially had a little baby growing inside me for 35 weeks. Baby could come any time now and it would be considered full term. Pretty sure we have everything all ready for its arrival. Seeing as this is our second baby, we are comforted knowing that we really don't need a lot of the baby gear that you go into your first pregnancy believing you require.

Our home renovations are relatively done. All three bedrooms upstairs have had the carpet pulled up and replaced with easy to clean, laminate flooring. As much as I love having carpet in my home, it is nice knowing that there isn't tons of unknown dust and dirt from previous owners stuck on the floor where we will be sitting to either play or sleep. The finishing touches are still left (baseboards) to do but those can wait until later.

Everything we need for baby is also ready. All our clothes from size newborn to 6 months has been washed and put away in the dresser. Top drawer is full of cloth diapers. We decided to use cloth diapers from day one this time. I really don't see the point of buying diapers that will just be thrown in the garbage after being used an hour. Since Abigail has mastered peeing in the potty over the holidays, I will only have 1 baby in diapers full time so there won't be an over abundance of diaper laundry to do. Bassinet bedding has been cleaned and is ready to be used. Car seat is all ready as well. I altered a bundle bag for the car seat (making it safe to use) since we are still in the midst of winter here.

We are all packed and ready to go to the hospital. Baby has a full carry on suitcase to itself (3/4 full with diaper stuff!), Keegan and I have another bag and Abigail even has a small bag packed as well. She has 3 days worth of clothes so that when she goes back and forth between my parents and Keegan's parents, we don't need to be scrambling for her stuff. Being away from her for more than a night is possibly the only thing I am not looking forwards to. Hopefully everything will go well in the hospital. I really want to spend as little time there as possible.

As for Vbac preparation, there is really nothing to prepare for now. My doctor and I have pretty much come to the understanding that there is nothing special that needs to be monitored with this birth. Everything is going great, my blood pressure is perfect, baby is head down and we are just ready to go. My Vbac is going how it should be going!

Now we play the waiting game. Trying to do laundry whenever a load is ready just to stay on top of it. Every once in a while, we make enough of supper to freeze some for later. Figuring out a grocery list I can use weekly for easy, healthy meals. Just taking it easy and enjoying the quiet peace before the awesome chaos begins!

2 comments: