About Me

My photo
I am a cloth diapering, breastfeeding, cosleeping, baby led weaning, extended rear facing, eco conscious, married mommy to two beautiful children. They have changed my view on the world we live in. It is now my number 1 goal to make it the best I can for them to grow up in. I find myself always rethinking how I want to live my life and often feel like sharing my findings and thoughts with others. So I guess here's my chance :o) I will talk about topics that interest me. If you dont like them or dont agree, well... there's nothing much I can do!

Monday, February 4, 2013

Zachary is 2 weeks old!

And what a crazy 2 weeks it as been.

Recovery from a natural birth is a bazillion times better than recovering from a Caesarian section. With Abigail, we only got to leave the hospital 4 days after she was born. This time around, I knew I did not want to spend as much time there as last time. I was determined to go home the following day. Zachary was breastfeeding like a champ, was having plenty of dirty diapers and I felt great so there was no reason for us to stay. They came in to do his standard blood work and once that came back fine, we were off!

The first couple days home, I was exhausted. The adrenaline from being superwoman had worn off and the reality (aka lack of sleep) was setting in. Luckily, I was still able to send Abigail off to daycare so I could nap and rest during the day while everyone was gone. She loves it there so it is a no brainer on whether to send her or not. Since it is also just Zachary and I at home, it gives me the chance to finish up some last minute nesting projects we never got the opportunity to finish.

So now, at the 2 week mark:
- I am officially off blood pressure medication.
- Trying to revert my whole wardrobe back to normal clothes.
- Putting away all Abigail's old clothes since Zachary definitely won't be wearing them.
- Meal planning again! Oh how I missed it!
- Still using disposable diapers since our cloth ones are just a tad too big.
- I'm producing superhero milk. Clothes that were too big for him last week are now being stretched out by his long legs and body.

Hard to imagine that today was actually Zachary's due date.



No comments:

Post a Comment