About Me

My photo
I am a cloth diapering, breastfeeding, cosleeping, baby led weaning, extended rear facing, eco conscious, married mommy to two beautiful children. They have changed my view on the world we live in. It is now my number 1 goal to make it the best I can for them to grow up in. I find myself always rethinking how I want to live my life and often feel like sharing my findings and thoughts with others. So I guess here's my chance :o) I will talk about topics that interest me. If you dont like them or dont agree, well... there's nothing much I can do!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cutting back on the technology.

How many hours do you spend on your phone or computer a day? And I'm not talking about work related time either. I probably spend 4-5 hours a day. When we got our new phones, iPad and laptop, it is completely natural to want to spend lots of time on them learning how they work. A shiny new toy! Now I am realizing that my husband and I definitely need to take a step back.

Yesterday, I tweeted that I was only going to play candy crush when I was nursing Zachary. That alone cut my time spent on that game quite a bit. Keegan and I discussed in the car today about taking an even bigger break. We will no longer be walking around looking at the phones in our hands. Definitely want to spend more time spend together with family.

There will be some exceptions. I will still take the time to write during the week. We will still take plenty of pictures and share them with friends. We will just cut back on the mindless surfing.

Have you tried to consciously cut back your time spent online and spend more of with with family?

No comments:

Post a Comment