About Me

My photo
I am a cloth diapering, breastfeeding, cosleeping, baby led weaning, extended rear facing, eco conscious, married mommy to two beautiful children. They have changed my view on the world we live in. It is now my number 1 goal to make it the best I can for them to grow up in. I find myself always rethinking how I want to live my life and often feel like sharing my findings and thoughts with others. So I guess here's my chance :o) I will talk about topics that interest me. If you dont like them or dont agree, well... there's nothing much I can do!

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Our kitchen command centre

In my quest to be more organized, I'm often trying new things. Sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't. But when my husband actually comes out and says that he likes something I did, I take it and run with it! So here I go!

We meal plan, use cook books regularly, recharge our electronics, keep our calendar, and sort through mail all at our kitchen table. It can get pretty hectic. It's no wonder I found a 6 month old government baby bonus cheque the other day! So in order to be more efficient, I'm cleaning and reorganizing our kitchen command centre.

Before 
Quite disorganized and lots of stuff on the table as well. 


After.

On the tower, we have:
All our Racheal Ray magazines as well as our favorite cookbooks. 
My notebook and budget/meal planning binder.
Abigail's "learn to write" workbooks.
Small basket with our chargers and the MacBook.

Then we have:
Weekly meal plan board.
Big "write everything down" calendar.
White and peg board for important mail and messages.

Now that everything is easily accessible and has its own space, hopefully we can keep it neat and organized and be efficient in our planning.  

Do you have a "command centre" in your home?




No comments:

Post a Comment